Saturday, November 5, 2011

Crayon Melt Art


Holly tried her hand at a fun art project -- melting crayons while coloring! She absolutely LOVED this project and could believe the results she was getting from the crayons. I too was quiet surprised at just how vivid and lovely her pictures turned out. This can be a dangerous activity though as you are using a flat grill that is very hot to color on.

I took the flat grill and put it on 350 degrees. I lined it with foil to ensure crayon did not get on my grill. Then I placed her paper to color on the foil. I also folded up a small towel to put on the corners of her paper in case she felt inclined to hold her paper while coloring. I stood RIGHT next to her reminding her to be careful and not touch it. She did amazing with it and was so cautious. She colored away asking for more paper over and over!

I really loved the rainbow picture she did - as in this might be one of all time favorite pieces. It is beautiful, colorful, vivid and creative! This is a very simple and non-messy project if you set it up right. We will certainly be doing this again with some other ideas I have in mind. In the mean time here is her creative juices flowing:








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful project! Thanks so much for linking this up to TGIF LInky Party!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing- did you turn it off as she drew? I would be so scared- kudos to you! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us on The Sunday Showcase

    ReplyDelete