Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Outside Your Window: A First Book of Nature

We recently purchased Outside Your Window: A First Book of Nature by Nicola Davies, illustrated by Mark Hearld from our local learning store. The minute I saw this book I thumbed the pages and immediately fell in love! So much so, that I didn't even look at the price of the book - I just bought it. The artwork is simply beautiful, the colors are rich and embracing, the whimsy is perfect and the poetry throughout is simply sweet!

This has been a great addition to our collection of books (and it is a HUGE collection) - but it is one we read a lot! There are so many different nature poems falling under many topics we cover all of the time, making it a great fit for our typical life style and a simple way to include just a bit more poetry. I adore poetry and the kids seem to really enjoy it too - so this book is a natural fit for us. It is a book I would recommend for any family who enjoys the natural world, art and poetry!!




No comments:

Post a Comment