Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Math Art Project

Coming up with some fun or creative ways to do things... can be challenging. I read a ton of books, blogs, websites and articles to find some fun ways to spice up life with school. This was a fun one I found a while back. We finally had time to include it in our day, theme and Holly really enjoyed it!


I placed four numbers on the center of flowers and then created leaves that had addition problems working with those numbers. Holly then used those to cut and create a large picture of flowers. The leaves on the stem of each flower were the math problems that matched that flower. So, we were able to tie in some artwork with our math review. It was a lot of fun, very colorful and works great with Spring and our plant unit we are enjoying.


I think it turned out pretty cute!

1 comment:

  1. fantastic! i honestly really like this project and want to try it with my son. Anything that makes Math more fun is a plus in my book!!! great idea.

    ReplyDelete