Friday, April 1, 2011

Colorful Adjectives







I found a really cute lesson online a week or so ago and planned it into our week - it was a great way to tie in our rainbow/color theme we've been working on as well as a fun game we love called Silly Sentences. I did it a bit different or simpler because Holly is only in kindergarten. Here is a link: http://theinspiredapple.blogspot.com/2011/03/color-word-adjective-activity-first.html


The idea is to work on adjectives describing colors, brain storm adjectives, write a sentence with your brainstormed ideas and then draw a picture that coordinates. This was a perfect way to enjoy the best of both worlds for her (writing/drawing) and best of all she really enjoyed it!


"I am walking through bright red flowers."


"This is a warm orange sunset.""I like happy yellow sunflowers.""I am playing on the fresh green grass.""The sky blue butterfly landed on a leaf.""I ate sweet purple berries."

No comments:

Post a Comment